Saturday, August 29, 2009

Islamorada Tarpon


Great day of fishing in Islamorada keys! To day it took the Warren family from NJ in the Florida, we traveled back to the Everglades National for Some Big Sharks. We did catch about 5 nice Bull sharks in the 100+ size. We also hooked two Tarpon. The first one was about 75 Lbs. and jumped 4 time high in the air till it spit the hook. The second was a lot bigger. Mr Warren was handed the rod to a Tarpon that was hooked by his son Andrew, the only problem was that it was not a heavy Tarpon/Shark rod but one of my 10 Lb. ultra light rods that we were using to catch bait. This Monster went about 125 to 150 lbs. and in my mind I am thinking that we are going to break off this fish quick! Well I got to tip my hat to Mr. Warren and the whole crew, 75 mins. later I released the sliver beast and told my guest that this was one of the trips that" I dream about". Guess what they call me today and we are going to do it again Sunday. Want to catch a trophy? Give me a call. Tell then this is CAPT. Ted Benbow telling you to" Keep it in the Shallow Grass" www.skinsandfinscharters.com 305-393-0363 Check out the video of the Fight on Youtube.com and search MRTBENBOW

1 comment:

  1. Your picture at the top is too big. You don't know how to size it? my blog headers are all sized 300x800. They fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete